Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Cape Town Catch-Up: Penguins

Next stop was in search of penguins, who live on one of the beaches in a residential area of the Cape.  The penguins were adorable, as they always are, and boring, as they always are.  The entertainment came when we reached the end of the long wooden walkway along the beach and the light drizzle became one of the heaviest rainstorms I’ve ever experienced.  The run back up the walkway in the downpour was made more difficult by the fact that I was laughing so hard I could barely breathe – all six of us running like we were being chased by wild animals was truly entertaining.  Thank God (again) for Gladman, who semi-illegally drove the van through the residential area to pick us up so we didn’t have a very long, wet walk back to where he’d dropped us off.

Entertaining photos of rain-soaked ACYPL-ers to come when I get them off of someone else’s camera.




2 comments:

  1. I had no idea there were penguins in South Africa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really cold there, too! A wonderful break from Arizona but my jean jacket and I were woefully unprepared.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! Don't worry if they don't show up right away - I read every one and they'll post as soon as I get to a computer again.