Saturday, June 5, 2010

Arrivederci!


I have arrived home safely, though perhaps am not yet awake enough to be sound in mind. On the plane I tried repeatedly to write a thank you note to all of you who have read this blog, but have a hard time putting into words how much I've appreciated your "company" on my trip. I'm flattered and amazed that anyone read this at all - I wrote it so that I could remember the details, people, and events of every day, and to make sure my family knew I was safe. Instead this became a wonderful connection to home, an invisible (and blissfuly unopinionated!) travel companion. It was the travel companion who made me quit pouting and go explore Verona even when I didn't like it, and the listener when I needed to tell someone (over and over and over again) how amazing Tuscany really was. So to those I know well (hi mom!) and those I have never even met (hi Calence Sarah!), thank you for sharing this experience with me. I hope you'll come along again the next time life allows some more adventures - my journeys wouldn't be the same without you. Ciao!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome home Beth!!!! and THANK YOU for the adventure. I have experienced more of Italy through you and your pictures and wonderful writings than I ever imagined. I never wanted to go there and now I do!!

    So happy that your time was so wonderful and that you are home safe and sound. Need to do a coffee at park central so I can see you and hear about it in person...

    love you,

    Aunt Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth!

    What a wonderful trip. Tuscany was definitely my favorite part. Hope I can go there sometime. Thanks for sharing your adventure with us. Jeff, Nan and Ron have all been along as well as me.

    Ron and I will see you next month.

    Love,

    Aunt Nan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading this! I will miss it, but I'm glad you are home safe. Good luck on the first day of your next new adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We miss the blog but are so glad you had such a marvelous time and that you are home safe. Thank you for sharing your impressions from Italy with all of us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! Don't worry if they don't show up right away - I read every one and they'll post as soon as I get to a computer again.