Tuesday, May 25, 2010

May 25 - A Few of My Favorite Things


1. The Colosseum. There really is nothing to prepare you for the first glimpse of this place. I lost track of where our tour bus was on the map so was completely caught off guard by the arches rising from around the corner as we turned. I will confess, I promptly burst into tears. It's the grandest thing I have ever seen.

2. The marble staircase. My hotel doesn't have an elevator, so these stairs curve up five floors. It will take your breath away in more ways than one!

3. Church bells. They're everywhere and their music makes everything magical.

4. Cobblestone streets. They're hard on the feet but absolutely beautiful to the eyes.

5. Shoe stores. They, too, are everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Don't worry if they don't show up right away - I read every one and they'll post as soon as I get to a computer again.